My Blog List

  • Blog 11 - Prepare an individual writing plan based on previous practice tests. Think of what your weaknesses have been and the general directions you have to follow ...
    11 years ago
  • - This blog has two parts. FIRST PART: you will reflect on using blogs instead of journals for informal writing. What are the benefits of using blogger, as y...
    12 years ago

Monday, October 17, 2011

An education in Citizenship

      The educational process has been the subject of much comment by academics and writers. In the article "an education in citizenship", the author writes that an ordeal of Illegal Immigrants able to go to college and only having to pay in-state tuition.This legislation presents more advantages for lawmakers than for citizen sudents and  made American wondering why the Americain government makes it harder for citizens. I'm personally wondering why insist in citizens concerning education and make t harder for them while education is a bisic element of citizenships and its rights?

    I came from a country of ther thrd world, where he education is free and it's an everone's right. And before I moved to the states,  I thaught is the same and evan better since the states is one of the richest countries nd fr sre the most powerful country in the world. But when I came here and decided to go to school, I realized thats it's easier for an immigrant to get a higher education more than it is for an american and then I discovered why most of american don't finish their education. At that time, I started wondering why? I was sure that it's not about money because we all know how much money the states spend every year against terorrisme. And in lieu of spending all this money on that stupid lie made by Israel and Islam's enemies, they should better take care of their people and offer them what they need including health before education.
    As I mentioned before, the reason that the american government insists on citizens about education is not money, it's also stated by the author in te article, "since their parent's federal tax dollars help support the pell grants and federal loans". So yes why they charge citizens from other states more for tuition than they do for non-citizen immigrants?

     But untill the day we now the reason why comes, we all keep wondering and guessing.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Aicha, This is Zoila Victoria from you ENG-099 class. I just read your essay and let me tell you that I like the way you introduce it talking about the problematic of the educational system and how it has been treated. Your significant Idea is there in the paragraph and also your thesis. Good, but Aicha, I think you did not planned your essay well because in the development of the essay you changed and turned out of your significant idea in the summary. So I recommend you to write the Ideas before start writing. I have same problem, but since I start to planning my essay I at least feel more confident. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aicha, Perhaps if you revise and do the proper modifications it can get a better score.

    ReplyDelete